Rug Washing & Repairs
Keeping horse rugs clean is an important process to help prolong the life and performance of the rug. A clean rug is waterproof, warmer and more comfortable for the horse to wear and is also nicer for owners handling the rugs.
We use a computerised washing machine designed especially for cleaning horse rugs and the hypo-allergenic cleaner and re-proofer manufactured by the market leaders NIKWAX.
The NIKWAX RUG WASH is a wash-in cleaner for all horse rugs that safely revitalizes insulation and water repellency. If a breathable waterproof rug loses its water repellency, it will suffer a severe reduction in its ability to breathe. This could lead to a build up of condensation on the inside of the rug so the horse could become clammy, cold and uncomfortable.
The NIKWAX RUG PROOF is used immediately after RUG WASH cycle to keep your horses rugs in perfect water-repellent condition.
Benefits of using NIKWAX Rugwash & Re proofing Products
- It prolongs the life of horse rugs and optimizes performance.
- It maintains breathability.
- It maintains original water-repellency.
- Suitable for use on all rugs -, including those with breathable membranes.
- It lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes.
- Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage ‘wetting-out’.
- It will remove detergent residues left behind by previous washes.
- Water-Based - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable and non - hazardous.
- Does not contain fluorocarbons.
- Approved by Rambo rugs.
Brand New Product From NIKWAX
SKITOSTOP INSECT CONTROL helps prevent 'SWEET ITCH' and discomfort from flying insects.
- Protects against the majority of biting insects including horseflies,midges,mosquitoes and gnats.
- Can be applied to fabrics.
- Provides up to 6 months protection with just one application.
- Low cost - just £2.00 per rug.
We can also apply SKITOSTOP to your Tents (including liners),Mosquitos nets, awnings and marquees.
All rug repairs are carried out on site and we will advise you if the repair is economically viable or not.
We are able to repair all types of horse and pony rugs as well as lycra hoods, using materials matched to the rug for repair. Please note we do not repair rugs unless they are clean.
A 24hr turn around service is available, please phone or email for further details.